Aria’s new winter menu includes handmade Pappardelle with venison Bolognese, Uno Alla Volta fresh ricotta, caramelized fennel, pancetta and pickled turnips. CHARLOTTEFIVE
Love is in the air this month as restaurants prepare for Valentine’s Day and Galentine’s Day. Whether you are going out with your friends, your main squeeze or just someone you matched with recently, restaurants in the Queen City are planning something special.
If you don’t celebrate this Hallmark-promoted holiday, there is still plenty to do and taste as February ushers in another round of menu updates, releases, and returns (looking at you, Hop Cakes).
We’ve rounded up some of the updated menus, drink options and daily specials this month, as well as broken out some tasty and romantic options for Valentine’s Day. (If prices are not listed, they are not yet available.)
Local News at Your Fingertips
Get unlimited digital access for just $3.99 a month to #ReadLocal anytime, on any device.
100 N. Tryon St.
Aria Tuscan Grill will debut new winter menu items this month. In addition to those offerings, don’t forget that Aria offers a Bar Bites menu for $5 after 5 p.m. at both bar areas.
- Ribollita Soup with white beans, kale, tomato, bread, Pecorino and EVOO. ($7)
- Shaved Kale Salad with radicchio, pomegranate, Pecorino, hazelnuts and walnut vinaigrette. ($9)
- Hand-tossed, wood-fired Venison Sausage Rosso Pizza with buffalo mozzarella, caramelized onions and pickled Fresno chilies. ($13)
- Handmade Pappardelle with venison Bolognese, Uno Alla Volta fresh ricotta, caramelized fennel, pancetta and pickled turnips. ($17)
- House-Made Paccheri Fagioli with kale pesto, borlotti beans, and pancetta. ($15)
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with braised tomatoes, kale, green lentils and pickled golden raisins. ($25)
- Seared Duck Breast alla Plancha with handmade parsnip ravioli, roasted turnips and braised radicchio. ($30)
- Braised Lamb Shank with Parmigiano risotto, beets, pine nut gremolata and pan sauce. ($27)
- Grilled Elk Tenderloin with olive oil-whipped potatoes, confit heirloom carrots and aged balsamic drizzle. ($36)
- Alex’s Sicilian Cassata, an Uno Alla Volta ricotta cake served with orange marmalade and Gnam Gnam amaretto gelato. ($8)
1508 S. Mint St.
In addition to updating its menu for February, Bardo is also offering 20% off of your meal when you eat at the bar on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Additions to its savory menu:
- Sunchoke made with tempura, celery root and lime.
- Beef tartare made with aji Amarillo, fennel and cajote.
- Grouper finished with miso, squash and ponzu.
Addition to its sweet menu:
- Matcha sponge made with fermented black bean, pink lime and sesame.
Addition to its cocktail menu:
- Give up the ghost made with Reyka vodka, caperitif, toasted sesame, thyme, grapefruit and lime.
Brixx has launched its new cocktail menu. Expect to see drinks such as the Brixx Bloody Mary ($8), Tequila Sangria ($10) and the Raspberry Irish Cream Martini ($10) on the menu.
933 Louise Ave., Suite 105
Catawba Brewing will release a El Gato Mariachi, a Horchata White Ale made with a healthy dose of milk sugar and rice, on Feb. 21. El Gato Mariachi will be available on draft and in 6-packs.
1957 E. 7th St.
Due to popular demand, Chef Greg Balch’s Pork Shank will be staying on the menu through the month of February. This 16-hour confit Kurobuta pork shank is served over lentil tabbouleh with hearth vegetables and topped with hot honey harissa and taro chips ($36).
Hickory Tavern has announced the new Lightning Lunch program and specials. Order a soup, salad and half of a sandwich or half of a flatbread for $10.99. Dine-in customers can take advantage of this deal Monday through Friday from open until 3 p.m. In addition to this new special, Hickory Tavern is unveiling new menu items this month.
- Chicharrones lightly tossed in jerk seasoning with fresh lime. ($6.99)
- Elvis Burger made with fresh ground beef, a smear of peanut butter, bacon and fried bananas. ($10.79)
- Taco Salad served in a crispy tortilla bowl with an iceberg and romaine lettuce mix topped with black beans, roasted corn, diced tomatoes, avocado, jack and cheddar cheese, Texas chili and sour cream. ($11.99)
- Carolina Hot Mess is fried chicken served on Texas toast topped with sausage gravy and a fried egg and served with a side of Gouda mac and cheese. ($11.99)
- Santa Fe Power Bowl is a spring mix that includes roasted corn, black beans, pickled onions, sliced avocado and blackened chicken over sticky rice and drizzled with a chili lime crema.
2921 N. Tryon St.
Throughout February, NoDa Brewing Company will be hosting numerous events, including live music, trivia and events to fundraise for charities.
This month is a big month for NoDa releases. On Feb. 7, Mac’simum Effort will be released; on Feb. 14, Hop Cakes Release will be available; on Feb. 21, Blood Orange Gose will be released; and finally, Too Blessed to be Stressed will be released on Feb. 28.
In addition to all the things going on at the North Tryon location, the OG location on North Davidson Street hosts bingo every Sunday night at 6 p.m.
4620 Piedmont Row Dr., Suite 170B
Peppervine is debuting a new dessert this month. The White Chocolate Cheesecake is made with Amaretti cookie crust, poached pear compote, green chartreuse Chantilly and verjus sorbet.
923 Belmont Ave.
Sweet Lew’s BBQ will be debuting its Cheerwine beef jerky in February.
6189 Bayfield Pkwy., Concord
- Monday: $4 crafts
- Wednesday: 25% off of any bottle of wine
110 North College St.
- Sunday: half price bottles of wine, 50% off dinner for first responders
- 2020 Oyster Special: ½ dozen oysters and Grey Goose/Hendricks martini for $20.20
4905 Ashley Park Lane, Suite J
- Monday: Half-priced wine bottles
- Tuesday: Half-off ‘Hidden Gems,’ unique wines, by the glass
- Wednesday: $10 Corkbuzz house cocktails
- Saturday: 20% off the purchase of six bottles or more from its retail shop
- Everyday: $17 for a sommelier’s choice of three wines to blind taste
300 E. Tremont St.
Dilworth Tasting Room has just launched its new weekly specials menu.
- Monday: $12 rotating pasta special, $3 domestic beers and a featured wine special
- Tuesday: Wine flight night, including a complimentary cheese plate with purchase of a wine flight
- Wednesday: $9 oysters, $6 vodka sodas and $6 gin and tonics
- Thursday: Half-price select Pinot Noir
1220 Thomas Ave.
Dish is introducing “Dish After Dark” this month. Every Wednesday at 9 p.m. come in and enjoy $3 well drinks and listen to live music.
2410 Park Road
- Monday – Thursday: Prix fixe menu (1 app, 2 entrées and a bottle of wine) for $50; and half-priced bottle of wines.
- Monday: $3 draft beers (Fran’s only offers local and regional beers on tap); and $10 flatbreads
2100 N. Davidson St.
- Monday: Half off wine by the glass and $1 off drip coffee
- Tuesday: $4 select drafts
- Wednesday: $1 off canned beer from the cooler
- Sunday: $3 mimosas, grapefruit spritzers, prosecco and $5 beermosas.
300 S. Tryon St.
Après Midi Menu (Monday-Friday, 3-6 p.m., bar and terrace only)
- $1 East Coast Oysters (each)
- $5 Mimosa Eggs
- $5 Chef Olives
- $6 Pomme Frites
- $8 Seasonal Tart Flambé
- $10 LBH Burger A La Carte
- Charcuterie & Fromage Board (Market price)
Dinner menu daily specials:
- Monday: Duck confit, lentils, apple and celery ($32)
- Tuesday: Braised short rib, horseradish pomme purée ($30)
- Wednesday: Boeuf bourguignon, pommes purée ($25)
- Thursday: Confit lamb shank, housemade ratatouille ($32)
- Friday: Roasted branzino, leek fondue, clams ($32)
245 Clanton Road
- Wednesday – Sunday: FŪD at Red Cider
- Thursday: $3 Off all Red Clay 64 oz. growler fills
- Sunday: Brunch from noon-5 p.m.
101 W. Worthington Ave. #100
Superica is offering one free “classic” queso per table (at both lunch and dinner) to those guests that use Light Rail or Uber (have to show receipt or ticket for proof) to encourage guests to use rideshare during the surrounding construction.
1328 Broadcloth St., Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Tuesday: $3.00 tacos all day
- Daily: Happy hour from 3-6 p.m. and a late night happy hour after 9 p.m., $4 Mexican bottles, $6 classic and frozen classic margaritas
2729 South Blvd., Suite D
During the month of February, The Waterman will be offering a crab special called “The Deckhand Supper” on Thursdays from 5-10 p.m. Enjoy two steamed snow crab clusters served with red potatoes, braised trout collards and Cajun butter ($32).
VALENTINE’S AND GALENTINE’S EVENTS AND SPECIALS
936 Market St. #103, Fort Mill, South Carolina
Cupcrazed Cakery is now accepting preorders for Valentine’s Day cupcakes, mini cakes and cookies. To receive early bird pricing, orders must be placed by Feb. 10.
1930 Camden Road, #135
Twenty Degrees Chocolates is offering a special Valentine’s Day collection of sweet treats at its South End location, as well as its retail partner Petit Philippe located in Myers Park.
1115 N. Brevard St.
2201 South Blvd.
The Wine Loft is throwing a Galentine’s Day event and a Valentine’s Day event. For Galentine’s Day (Feb. 13), there will be cocktail specials, and all guests are encouraged to bring gently used purses for Dress for Success. On Valentine’s Day, it is offering a three-course dinner and a bottle of wine for $85 per couple.
1508 S. Mint St.
Bardo will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14 and 15. Enjoy a five-course dinner for $75 (alcohol not included). Seatings are at 5:30 p.m., 7:17 p.m., and 9 p.m. for both nights.
100 N. Tryon St.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Venetian-styled dining experience. Reservations will be required for the night. While you’re there, don’t forget to ask about Cicchetti’s Wine Club.
4237 Park Road, Unit B
Feb. 14, 5-11:30 p.m.
225 S Poplar St.
Haymaker Restaurant is debuting a special Valentine’s Day Menu, which will include new local and seasonal offerings for the night. There will be two seatings (6 p.m. and 8 p.m.) for a 3-course $75 per person prix fixe menu.
135 Levine Avenue of the Arts, #100
Fin & Fino is offering specials and deals the week leading up to Valentine’s Day.
Monday, Feb. 10: House-made pasta feature
Tuesday, Feb. 11: 1/2 off oysters
Wednesday, Feb. 12: 20% off sparkling wines
Thursday, Feb. 13: Shared cocktail features for Galentine’s Day
Friday, Feb. 14: Cupid’s Cupboard including specialty cocktails and features guaranteed to spread the love (read: aphrodisiacs like chocolate and oysters)
Saturday, Feb 15: Share the Love – Enjoy The Treatment and Fin & Fino will double the donation made to charity to $10 per order
7417 Waverly Walk Ave.
The Porter’s House is offering a four-course dinner for $99 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are strongly suggested.
Dressler’s at the Metropolitan is offering a four-course dinner for $99 plus tax and gratuity on Valentine’s Day.
The Birkdale Village location of Dressler’s is offering a four-course dinner for $79 plus tax and gratuity on Valentine’s Day.
Reid’s SouthPark: This location will be serving a special menu on Feb. 14 and 15. The Valentine’s Day menu will feature courses such as lobster bisque, surf and turf, New York style cheesecake and chocolate-covered strawberries.
Reid’s Levine: This location will be serving a special menu on Feb. 14 and 15. The Valentine’s Day menu will feature courses including burrata salad, Chateaubriand and raspberry ice cream.
2410 Park Road
Fran’s will be offering a special menu for Valentine’s Day. Expect shareable appetizers such as the butternut squash risotto with pan-seared scallops, main courses such as the halibut Provençal and dessert including the dark chocolate pudding with brown butter shortbread.
2100 N. Davidson St.
On Feb. 13, beginning at 7 p.m., The Hobbyist will be hosting a $45 per person special wine and dessert pairing for Valentine’s Day. Chef Justin Burke-Samson, co-owner and head chef for Bonjour Ya’ll in Davidson, has created four desserts to pair with four wines.
340 E. 16th St.
Honeysuckle Gelato will be offering a special shake for two in on Valentine’s Day. The shake will come in a mason jar, piled high with whipped cream, and will come with two mini doughnut holes from Suarez Bakery. Get yours while supplies last.
4905 Ashley Park Lane, Suite J
Corbuzz Restaurant & Wine Bar is offering a dinner for two that includes three shared courses, wine pairings and gratuity. A ticket for two is $150.
article via Charlotte Five