Fall has arrived in the Queen City if you go by the calendar and not the temperature outside. Although it’s not sweater weather yet, food and beverage options in Charlotte are transitioning to cozy and warm flavors and textures.
As the days get shorter, Charlotte restaurants, breweries and bars are debuting new menu options and collaborating on events. October has such food holiday designations as national pumpkin, apple and caramel month. You can expect to taste the flavors throughout the month.
A few restaurants are also opening in October, including Bossy Beulah’s Chicken Shack. Jim Noble’s latest concept, named after his great aunt, Beulah, will open at 2200 Freedom Drive next to Noble Smoke. Expect a simple menu of fried chicken sandwiches, sides and a couple of house beverage options.
Here are 25 other places to eat and drink, along with some of the new things you should try this month. Also, mark your calendar for some, or all, of the food-focused events highlighted below for this month. (If prices are not listed, they are not yet available.)
1508 S. Mint St.
Bardo is adding two menu items for the month of October, as well as continuing to offer its 20% off of food deal when you sit at the bar on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The first new item is made with onion, burrata, truffle and thyme. The second is a black cod served with eggplant, cherry peppers and ponzu.
110 North College St.
Sunday: half-price bottles of wine
2410 Park Road
- Monday – Thursday: Prix fixe menu (1 app, 2 entrées and a bottle of wine) for $50; and half-priced bottle of wines.
- Monday – Tuesday: Kids eat free (under 12, 1 free kids entree with purchase of 1 adult entree, dinner in taproom only, while space permits).
- Monday: $3 draft beers (Fran’s only offers local and regional beers on tap); and $10 flatbreads
300 S. Tryon S.
Apres Midi Menu (Monday – Friday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m., bar and terrace only)
- $1 East Coast Oysters (each)
- $5 Mimosa Eggs
- $5 Chef Olives
- $6 Pomme Frites
- $8 Seasonal Tart Flambé
- $10 LBH Burger A La Carte
- Charcuterie & Fromage Board (Mkt price)
Dinner menu daily specials:
- Monday: Duck confit, lentils, apple and celery ($32)
- Tuesday: Braised short rib, horseradish pomme purée ($30)
- Wednesday: Boeuf bourguignon, pommes purée ($25)
- Thursday: Confit lamb shank, housemade ratatouille ($32)
- Friday: Roasted branzino, leek fondue, clams ($32)
Tuesday “Beer & Education” Classes at Protagonist
Every Tuesday, 5-8 p.m., $10
3123 N. Davidson St.
Chopt Jr Kids Menu Launch
Oct. 12, Noon-5 p.m.
9844 Rea Road