CHARLOTTE, N.C. (News Release) – Lower Tuck, one of the West side’s most exciting mixed-use projects, shares a construction update. The project by Third & Urban has a lot of positive momentum and aims to deliver in July 2021.
- The $80 million project, a redevelopment of 260,000-square-feet will become a mix of creative office, showroom and retail space, is currently 80% complete.
- The project’s four buildings have received full roof replacements, new storefront window openings and skylights and will soon wrap up landscaping and parking lot installation, with other finishing touches being applied daily. Construction of common areas and outdoor patios and courtyards is nearing completion as well.
- Third & Urban is in active negotiations with retail operators to build out a neighborhood amenity base
- The team is in design on a rooftop patio that would be shared by prospective food & beverage tenants
- Lower Tuck has over 185,000 s.f. of active office prospects
- Leasing announcements to come soon
“This is a very cool part of the city and there are many great things to come. Businesses like Not Just Coffee, Hygge, Lucky Dog, Summit Seltzer and Enderly Coffee have laid some strong groundwork for the community that is being built right now and we’re happy to be a part of it. Our team is looking forward to the completion of Lower Tuck and some other tentative investments we’re making over here,” said Pierce Lancaster, managing partner at Third & Urban.
Third & Urban is working with JLL to secure best-in-class tenants to help develop the growing commercial identity of the area. JLL’s team of Charley Leavitt, Barry Fabyan and Alexandra Mann are providing leasing and management services. “We’re seeing a lot of interest on this side of the city from companies that are seeking differentiated office space to lure top talent,” said Fabyan. “The positive energy being created by new office, multi-family and retail in the area is driving the momentum.” Leasing information can be found at www.lowertuck.com.
A behind the scenes look at construction can be seen at @lowertuck on Instagram and photos are available here. For more information on Third & Urban, visit thirdandurban.com.
See more via WCCB Charlotte.