This post is brought to you in partnership with Queen City Brewers Festival. All opinions are our own.
It’s that time of year again! The Queen City Brewers Festival is returning this Saturday, Feb. 2 at The Fillmore. Tickets are nearly sold out for both the afternoon session (12-3 p.m.) and the night session (5-8 p.m.)—you won’t want to miss out on this primetime event.
Whether you’re a QCBF veteran or a first-timer, there’s plenty of new things to look forward to at this year’s festival. Here’s the ultimate preview of what you can expect:
Breweries making their QCBF debuts
- From the north: Percent Tap House, Commoners Brewing and King Canary Brewing
- From the south: Armor Artis Brewing and Brewers at 4001 Yancey
- New metro breweries: Town Brewing, Salud Cerveceria, Divine Barrel Brewing and Pilot Brewing
Limited edition beers to try
- Legion Brewing will be releasing a candy-inspired beer in collaboration with CharlotteFive called “Sour Draft Kids”, which will be served exclusively at Legion Brewing’s table at this year’s festival. Then slide on over to the adjacent Legion Brewing SouthPark table to grub on mac and cheese and bison chili samples.
- Twenty-Six Acres Brewing has crafted an Oatmeal Peanut Butter Porter (OPP) they’re dubbing Nutty by Nature.
- D9 Brewing will be going off the rails with “Ozzy”—a sour ale ringing in at a delicious 14% with punches of peaches and champagne flavors.
- Newcomers, Pilot Brewing, isn’t shy about their first time. Try their Pumpkin Saison, Cinnamon Bun Brown and Hibiscus Gose.
- Hop heads, douse your palate with piney, citrusy and juicy deliciousness from Heist, Resident Culture and King Canary Brewing—to name a few.
Food & bev exhibitors to taste test
- Sea Level NC will be back with their pop-up oyster bar complete with all the fixin’s. This is not your ordinary beer festival.
- Sabor Latin Street Grill will have the perfect mix of spicy and savory to complement all the suds.
- JJ’s Red Hots is bringing back their Frank the Tank food trailer to the center lot between the Fillmore and Underground passing out samplings of their #! Red Hot, plus house-made brat balls with marinara.
- The Fresh Market will be making their QCBF debut with freshly grilled spare ribs for your sampling delight.
- And back by popular demand, Duckworth’s will offer their signature wings to fill your belly
- Need a little variety for your liquid intake? Try freshly brewed coffee from Farmers First Coffee, handcrafted juices from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company, Kombucha from Lenny Boy, Healthy Energy from MATI and plenty of water from brewery-in-planning sponsors, Protagonist Clubhouse and Southern Strain Brewing
VIA CHARLOTTE FIVE