By the time you’ve decked the halls, decorated the tree, shopped, wrapped and opened the presents, you may not feel like cooking Christmas dinner for your house full of guests.
Fortunately, you can get yourself one final Christmas present by taking the family out to one of these eight Charlotte restaurants that will be open on Christmas for an unforgettable feast.
303 S. Church St.
A la carte pricing
Open noon-7 p.m.
- Mussels – White Wine, Calabrian Chile, Fennel, Grilled N’Duja Bread ($18)
- Fritto Misto – Calamari, Patty Pan Squash, Fried Shrimp, Pomodoro, Calabrian Chile Aioli ($14)
- Whipped Ricotta – Sourdough, Lavender Honey, Pistachio ($12)
- Ribeye – 21 Day Dry-Aged Ribeye, Beef Fat / Fois Gras Butter, Zingara, Confit Red Bliss ($42)
- Rotisserie Chicken – Harrisa Spiced, Smoked Fontina Polenta, Ash Roasted Root Vegetables, Chermoula ($27)
- Veal Saltimbocca – Apricot & Fig Marmalade, Confit Potato, Sweet Coppa, Calabrian Chili ($32)
- Squash Tortellini – Sauteed Mustard Greens, Brown Butter, Toasted Hazelnuts, Sherry Gastrique ($20)
- Charred Broccolini – Taleggio Fonduta, Marcona Almond ($8)
- Confit Red Bliss Potatoes – Salmoriglio ($8)
- Blistered Shishito Peppers – Roasted Garlic Aioli, Aleppo ($8)
- Budino – Butterscotch Custard, Caramel, Creme Fraiche Chantilly Cream ($9)
- Dark Chocolate Cake – Chocolate, Almond Cake, Mascarpone Cream, Espresso, Mocha Gelato ($9)
- “Broken” Lemon Tart – Strawberry Coulis, Lemon Curd, Fresh Meringue, Sweet Tart Dough ($9)
110 N. College St.
Prix fixe: $85/person
Open 2-8 p.m.
Starter (Choice of one):
- Duck Confit Gnocchi: Garlic jus, parmesan, chives
- Rock Shrimp: Avocado chili butter, grilled sourdough
Main Course (Choice of one):
- Pan Seared Halibut: Cauliflower, hazelnuts, lemon brown butter
- 10 oz Filet au Poivre: Grilled romaine, house-made boursin cheese
- Collard Greens: bacon, mustard
- Potato Dauphines: Pecorino, black pepper
- Honey Cream Tart: Candied tangerine, orange ice cream
Brazz Carvery & Steakhouse is open Christmas Day for dinner with unlimited servings for $44.95. Courtesy of Brazz Carvery & Steakhouse
500 S. College St.
Prix fixe: $44.95 per person for unlimited servings of 9 different cuts of meats, soup, salad and hot bar.
Open 4-9 p.m.
- Picanha – Sirloin seasoned with rock salt
- Boneless Chicken – Tender boneless chicken thigh marinated in mild spices
- Leg of Lamb – Young leg of lamb, marinated in yogurt, mint and mild spices
- Chicken Stroganoff
- Roasting Vegetables
139 S. Tryon St.
Prix fixe: $56.90/person for complete rodizio of unlimited servings over 15 cuts of meat, salad bar and side dishes, Kids rodizio and salad bar, $28.45; ages 6 and under complementary.
Open noon-8 p.m.
- Peach Pomegranate Frisee Salad – Frisee lettuce, fresh peaches, pomegranate seeds served with homemade passion fruit dressing.
- Eggplant Salad – Roasted eggplants, red, green and yellow peppers, red onions, balsamic vinegar, fresh oregano and extra virgin olive oil.
- Seafood Salad – Shrimp, calamari, scallops, grape tomatoes, cilantro, lime and extra virgin olive oil.
- Angus Picanha – Prime cut of the top sirloin
- Filet Wrapped in Bacon
- Vegetable Skewer – Mushrooms, Sweet Corn, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Onion and Peppers.
- Key Lime Pie – Topped with mango coulis and pomegranate seeds.
- Chocolate Coconut Lava Cake – Chocolate lava cake filled with coconut ganache. Served with vanilla ice cream.
- Apple Strudel – Warm apple tart served with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce.
Del Frisco’s Christmas Day menu includes beef filet and Brussels sprouts with smoked bacon, caramelized onions and lemon butter. Courtesy of Del Frisco’s
4725 Piedmont Row Dr., Suite 170
A la carte pricing
Open 4-9 p.m.
- Duck Confit Meatballs – A L’Orange, Green Peppercorn Jus ($16)
- Tuna Tartare – Avocado, Sweet Soy Ponzu, Wakame Salad and Wonton Crisps ($19)
- Seared Rare Wagyu Beef Carpaccio – Baby Arugula and Shaved Fennel Salad, Capers, Parmesan and Creole Mustard Aioli ($18)
- Ora King Salmon – Crab Hash and Lobster Tomato Jus ($45)
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak – Ginger-Soy Shiitake Mushrooms, Farro, Charred Asparagus, Cilantro Chimichurri, Tomato Vinaigrette ($29)
- Filet Medallions – Château Mashed Potatoes, Thin Green Beans and Red Wine Demi-Glace ($37.50)
- Thick-Cut Onion Rings ($12.50)
- Brussels Sprouts-Smoked Bacon, Caramelized Onions & Lemon Butter ($11.50)
- Lobster Macaroni & Cheese ($18.50)
100 W. Trade St.
Prix fixe: $65 per person, $25 kids under age 10, ages 3 and under complimentary
Open for seatings at 2:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 7:30 p.m.
- Mom’s Deviled Eggs – Pickled perfume peppers, Aleppo chile
- Pretzel Brioche – Honey, mustard and Cheerwine butters
Second Course (Choice of one):
- Farmers Salad – Shaved turnips, black walnuts, cackleberry cheese
- Kale & Crowder Pea Soup – House-made smoked hen sausages, parsnip foam
- Grilled UGF Trumpet Mushrooms – Whipped goat cheese, acorn squash
- Sweet & Sour NC Shrimp – Grilled Bok Choy, noodle salad
Third Course (Choice of one)
- Herb Marinated Bowman Ranch Wagyu Sirloin – Caramelized onion steak sauce
- Harmony Ridge Fresh Ham Porchetta – Apples, mustard
- Sunburst Trout – Guanciale and Brussels Sprouts, brown butter
- Slow Cooked Grilled Lamb Shank – Pecan Gremolata
- Seasonal Fish
Companions (included with all meals, family-style)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fingerlings – Swiss chard and Brussels sprouts
- Herb & Mushroom Spoonbread – Artisan Cheese
- Spaghetti Squash & Butternut Casserole – Ricotta cheese
- Braised Collard Greens & Roasted Cauliflower – Warm bacon and mustard vinaigrette
- The Donut – Charlotte diplomat cream, peppermint cinnamon sugar
The Ballantyne’s Christmas Day menu features cocoa dusted sous vide beef tenderloin. Courtesy of The Ballantyne
10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway
Prix fixe: $95/person
Open 5:30-10 p.m.
- Amuse of the Day
- Carrot Soup – Curried Cashews, Crispy Carrot
- Sweet Corn Soup – Charred Corn, Puffed Rice
- Onion Soup – Gruyere Cheese, Crouton
- Winter Harvest – Mixed Foraged Greens, Roasted Stone Fruit, Pecans, Goat Cheese, White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Pickled Beets – Baby Beets, Shaved Fennel, Burrata, Puffed Sorghum, Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad – Artisanal Romaine, Kalamata Olives, Parmesan-Reggiano Dressing
- Roasted Acorn Squash – Zucchini Fritter, White Bean Puree, Glazed Baby Carrots, Beet Gel
- Cocoa Dusted Sous Vide Beef Tenderloin – Roasted Parsnip Puree, Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Striped Bass – Sweet Potato-Crawfish Hash, Saffron Sauce
- Hot Chocolate Roulade – Devil’s Food Cake, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Warm Chocolate Sauce, Peppermint Ice Cream
- Gingerbread & Pear – Gingerbread Namelaka, Vanilla Roasted Pear, Spun Sugar Choux Puff, Ginger Cookie, Caramel Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Cherry – White Chocolate Blondie, Cherry Jam, White Chocolate Cherry Mousse, Clementine Sponge, Eggnog Foam
204 N. Tryon St.
A la carte pricing
Open 4 p.m. to midnight.
- She Crab Bisque – Garnished with a Sherry and Crab Salad ($8)
- Fig Salad ($10) – Mixed Greens, Glazed Figs, Goat Cheese, Salted Pistachios, Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
- Deviled Eggs – Crispy Oysters, Sriacha, Fresh Herbs ($10)
- Pan Roasted Pork Chop: Local Field Peas, Roasted Garlic Potatoes, Chimichurri ($26)
- Herb Crusted Prime Rib: Baked Potato, Grilled Broccolini, Fresh Horseradish, Au Jus ($34)
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken – Hop N’ John, Collard Greens, Chicken Gravy ($24)
- Collard Greens($7)
- Whipped Potatoes ($7)
- Local Field Pea Succotash ($7)
- Ombre Raspberry Cake ($7)
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake ($7)
- Warm Lava S’Mores Cake ($7)
view original article via Charlotte Observer