Job Title: Social Media + Marketing Coordinator
Black Wednesday is a boutique Marketing and PR company focused on amplifying and leveraging a brand’s message with the intention of building community, driving traffic and increasing sales, brand awareness and recognition. Concentrating on social media, marketing, events, public relations, branding and consulting, BW works to help businesses gain the exposure needed to be successful. We are dedicated to providing custom services tailored to our clients and we are always up for trying something new. This edge is what has helped us grow the business… and now we need you…
This is a Full Time position. The Social Media + Marketing Coordinator is a key member of our marketing team. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us. This position is open with immediate need, but we want to find the right fit.
MUST READ: The right fit is a hard worker, fast learner, team player, value provider, think-for-his/her-self-er. This person loves the feeling of being connected, is wired for marketing, and ready to get creative!
- Manage social media content and calendar per client (multiple)
- Create editorial plans for campaigns and implementation
- Create, curate and manage content (photography, graphics, videos, etc.)
- Manage day-to-day social media communications and campaigns
- Manage customer feedback, utilize strategic hashtags, build community
- Analyze successes and trends and manage summary reports per client
- Assist with graphic design needs
- Assist with some management of intern tasks
- Some research/administrative responsibilities/errands
The ideal candidate:
- Will have some professional social media marketing experience (not required)
- Will have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Will have a passion for connecting with people
- Will be socially engaged in local communities
- Will have an understanding of target audiences and how/where to speak to each
- Will have strong time management and prioritization skills
- Will be proficient, frequent users of multiple social media outlets including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Will think outside-the-box to offer value to the team’s creativity
- Will be detail-oriented, resourceful and productive
- Will be organized, able to multi-task and complete projects efficiently
- Will be driven to jump in and get the job done (and done well)
- Will be interested in a challenge and excited to work hard
- Will continue to strive for perfection
- Will be able to communicate professionally
- Will have initiative and be able submit work in a timely fashion via the portal that is requested
- Will have access to a computer (laptop preferred); you will be required to bring it to work
- Will be personable, fun and have a positive outlook
- Will wear black on Wednesdays
MUST HAVE CHARACTER TRAITS:
- Must be: LEARNER, ACHIEVER, STRATEGIC and TACTICAL
- Must be wired as a marketer with focus on getting the word out about various messages across multiple platforms
- Must receive, absorb feedback positively and implement education quickly
- Will be flexible and adaptive to the ever-changing needs and demands of the business
- Will work well with managing own deadlines and workload
- Must be enthusiastic and excited to help our clients grow
- Must be detail-oriented and follow direction
Pay: Competitive entry-level salary
Why work for Black Wednesday?
- Business casual yet creative and thought-provoking work environment
- Super challenging and fast-paced business
- Driven by creativity & authenticity
- Big opportunities for continuing education, networking and professional growth/development
- We’re laser-focused to get the job done, but we know when it’s time for a beer
- We have awesome clients doing epic work!
To apply, send the following 3 items with subject heading: “Pick me!” to email@example.com:
- Direct links to all personal and professional social media and portfolio portals (must be public)
- Create a fake Black Wednesday announcement and share a list of tactics for how you would make the announcement across our social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
If you are selected to move forward in the process you will be invited to a phone interview.
DO NOT CONTACT THE BUSINESS/OWNER DIRECTLY; DOING SO WILL REMOVE YOU FROM CONSIDERATION.